Busy week ahead? Not much time for breakfast in the morning and certainly not something complicated & time-consuming? But you DO eat breakfast! (Do you?? *Gazes at you with her penetrating look*) -> Then I have this one for you …
• Oat (preferably not instant)
• Yogurt (I used plain yogurt)
• Milk (I used skimmed milk, soy milk fine works too)
• Chia seed (I purchased from Unlimited Health for example)
• Fruit (what you love to eat, but vary)
• Glass jars that are large enough and have a lid
• Step 1: Put oat in the jars.
• Step 2: Add milk till oats are largely covered.
• Step 3: Add as much chia seed as you wish.
• Step 4: Add the yogurt.
• Step 5: Close the jars.
• Step 6: Shake it!
• Step 7: Reopened the jars, cut your fruit & add it.
• Step 8: Ready! Close and refrigerate!
How long you can keep them in the refrigerator depends on the fruit and its ripeness. Banana is a fruit that typically discolors rapidly and will look pretty nasty fast, so you should eat that one as soon as possible. I wouldn’t store the others longer than 4 days.
Not sweet enough? Then add a little coconut sugar or agave syrup.
Too thick or running? Add more or less milk next time.
For people with lactose intolerance: Replace milk with almond milk, yogurt with yofu (soy yogurt).