Need inspiration? Then I recommend my regain-inspiration-method:
1) Collect 1 to 3 ingredients you want to use and that are of course matching. I suggest to think of ingredients approaching expiration date, which should be eaten first.
I gathered these ingredients as a basis:
2) Snoop around the kitchen to look for matching combos. Try to focus on veggies mainly.
I gathered the following:
Ingredients (for 2 persons):
• 200g whole rice macaroni
• 250 g paneer, the Indian version of tofu.
• 3 tomatoes (or 6 if you want to replace the tomato sauce)
• 1 apple
• 250 g tomato sauce (I chose one with ricotta cheese)
• A little butter
• Spices: salt, pepper, celery, cumin, possibly fresh basil and chili or cayenne pepper.
• Bring water to boil.
• In the meantime, cut the tomatoes and dice the apple & paneer.
• Cook macaroni as long as mentioned on the package. In my case, 5 to 7 minutes.
• Fry the paneer until it turns brown and season it with salt, pepper, cumin and celery.
• Bake the tomatoes and apple until tender.
• Pour the tomato sauce in and reheat till hot.
• Season to taste with (salt and pepper and) chili or cayenne pepper. Add the fresh basil at the end.
• Serve and enjoy.
Quick, easy and healthy. What more do you want?