Inspired by Elana’s Pantry, I made these breakfast men as a bread replacement during my no-bread-weeks.
And a success it was!
Ingredients for 4 servings:
(If you don’t have cups, you can use these conversions.)
• ½ cup almond butter
• 2 eggs
• 2 tablespoons honey or agave syrup
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon of tagatesse
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 handful of raisins (or cacao nibs, or berries, or walnut pieces or…)
How to make it:
1. In a large bowl, mix almond butter with a hand blender until creamy.
2. Add all the other ingredients, except the raisins and mix well with hand blender until homogeneous.
3. Add the raisins and stir through the batter with a spoon.
4. Pour the batter into a greased baking dish or muffin tin.
5. Bake at 325 F (or 165°C) for 15 minutes.
6. Serve when they’re still a little warm.
7. Keep the rest in the fridge.
I luv luv luv this one as a breakfast! I cut the little man in 2 from head to toes and cover his “guts” with peanut butter and banana slices. Say hello to heaven!
Tip: Put the cooled little men on a toaster to reheat them slightly before you dig in!